The financial services industry is facing challenging times. Public sentiment is down and the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry is affecting how people view the industry as a whole. This makes the marketing of financial services even more difficult. As a financial services provider, financial planner or investment advisor, you need to regain the trust of businesses and consumers alike and demonstrate how you can help them improve their financial position. While some of your competitors are scrambling to justify their position, the financial advisor marketing strategies that you put in place now have the potential to help you build trust and set your business up for success into the future.
Financial advisor marketing strategies
Your marketing strategy should reflect your business and your objectives. While seminar marketing for financial advisors has traditionally been popular, there are many other ways that you can find new clients, generate leads and make your brand known online.
A digital marketing strategy may include:
– Writing a regular financial blog with tips, ideas, and updates that clients may find helpful.
– Writing case studies about how you’ve helped your clients.
– Having lead magnets like an end of financial year (EOFY) guide or retirement checklist that potential clients can download in exchange for their contact details.
– Connecting with potential clients on social media.
– Making sure your website includes SEO keywords.
– Writing current and informative profiles for key people at your firm.
– Keeping your clients updated with changes and opportunities by sending out a newsletter or email regularly.
– Creating other multimedia content like podcasts, webinars, infographics and even your own YouTube channel.
Whether you’re a financial planner, wealth advisor or financial services provider, these type of marketing strategies can help you attract new clients. And one of the benefits of digital marketing is that it works 24/7.
Content marketing for financial services
Content marketing is about using the content that you have online to help market your business. Content marketing for financial advisors may involve any of the suggested marketing strategies that we’ve mentioned above. There are two things that make good content – great content and search engine optimisation (SEO).
SEO is about making sure that search engines like Google can find your content. After all, there’s no point having great content that no one can find. Search engines are constantly improving their algorithms, which means it’s important to understand how any changes affect your website and its ability to be found online.
We can help you:
– Determine the best topics to write blogs on.
– Find keywords that will help your site be found and weave them into your content.
– Suggest titles, meta descriptions and wording to help drive more traffic to your website.
– Give you ideas about new ways to generate leads using your content.
If you require even more specialised SEO assistance, we also partner with expert SEO agencies to give your business the best opportunity to be found online.
Newsletters, emails and updates for financial customers
Newsletters are one of the best marketing strategies to keep your existing clients engaged and bring in potential leads. Sending out a regular email that includes interesting, relevant and specialist content can help you build a relationship with your clients.
The key to a good email marketing campaign is to make sure the information you give is both valuable and relevant. To do this you need to first start with a plan. Your plan should outline:
– Who you want to communicate to. If you have more than one target client categories you may need to put in place different email campaigns for each one.
– An understanding of what they may want to know.
– What you want to tell them about.
– How often you want to get in touch with them.
– What results you want to see from the emails.
Once you have your plan in place you can then put together a schedule and start working on your newsletter content. Good newsletter content should:
– Deliver value to your clients. This can be in terms of the type of the information it includes and how timely it is.
– Be written in a way they understand. Unless your clients understand a lot of technical concepts, it’s a good idea to write in plain English.
– Include a call to action. If you want to help your clients, tell them how you can help them and how they can get in touch with you.
By putting in place smart marketing strategies that give value to your clients you can build your relationship with them. These strategies can also show potential clients that you know what you’re talking about and can help them solve a problem or add value. These strategies will help you build your business and bring new clients to your door.